Thursday, February 02, 2006

The amazing Kresky

The Rockford Files' position as my favorite '70s detective show is of course unassailable. But my favorite fake '70s detective show is now Kresky. This fan site is an incredibly well-done deadpan parody (discovered via Jamie Weinman's excellent blog, Something Old, Nothing New). It's so convincingly done that one can only conclude that the show must have at least aired in a parallel universe, if not in ours.

P.S. I'm totally stealing the name of a minor character I saw in the episode guide to be my new drug dealer name: Good Time Billy Ray. This is, of course, not to be confused with my pimp name, Silky Jones.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I think what's even more amazing than Kresky is just how amazingly useless this post is. Just so we're clear, this post is amazingly useless.

TA-DAA!

2/02/2006 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Man, I edited an entire book in one day in addition to producing this useless post. What did you do?

2/03/2006 01:13:00 AM  
Blogger John Eje Thelin said...

Of course it aired, in Tlön.

Brilliant stuff.

2/03/2006 01:37:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I didn't really do anything today (yesterday). Now on top of posting an amazingly useless post you've also made me feel bad about myself. Way to go! You'll never amount to anything. You're garbage. You're lucky I even go out with you.

(Did I do that right?)

2/03/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

That sounds about right. You could have also thrown in "You're nothing."

2/03/2006 02:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares