Friday, January 13, 2006

Atomic clock radio

It turned out I needed to install the new power supply after all when I got home last night and my computer wouldn't work. I unplugged everything, took off the side panels, and started yanking wires. The wire running from the old power supply to the motherboard wouldn't come loose. I pulled it, I jiggled it, I rocked it, and I fiddled with the little clasp. Sweat poured down my face as I attempted to dislodge it without shattering my motherboard. It stayed stuck. It turned out in the end that all I had to do to get it to let go was say the magic word.

"Motherfucker!!!" I screamed at it.

It came loose, and I threw my head back and howled in triumph like a Klingon warrior making his first kill. I installed the new power supply and booted up the computer. The clock said it was 4:26 a.m., so I had to reset it. I've been late for work twice this week, so I wanted the correct time. I headed over to a website with the official U.S. time according to their official atomic clock, and I set my computer clock.

Then I looked over at my clock radio. It said the same thing. My clock radio keeps the same time as the official U.S. atomic clock. It's like I have an atomic clock radio. I may have to apply for a patent on the idea of the atomic clock radio and rush it into production. It would be the perfect gift idea for the scientist on your list next Christmas. If I were a scientist, I would definitely want an atomic clock radio.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LINK IS THE BROKE!

Looks like someone forgot their http://s

1/13/2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

You can see why I'm late so often.

Okay, it's fixed.

1/14/2006 12:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Electronics repair? Check.
Breaking sweat at slightest physical exertion? Check.
Star Trek reference? Check.
Inventing and planning to patent atomic devices? Check and check!

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

1/14/2006 02:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares