Monday, December 19, 2005

WWJD?

A girl stood in line in front of me at HMV, holding The Complete Superman Collection box set.

"The funny thing about that," I said, "is that it's actually worth more if you take the last disc out."

I guarantee that's the same opening line Jerry Seinfeld would have used. Superman superfan that he is, even he'd have had to rip on Superman IV: The Quest for Peace in those circumstances. I know this because I happened to be holding a copy of season 4 of Seinfeld just then, and I felt the words literally travel up my arm and out my mouth.

2 Comments:

Blogger jvs said...

What's the deal with that?!

12/19/2005 11:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you were talking about "Superman IV" there. I hate to admit it, but with all this talk of discs, I thought at first that it was a reference to Christopher Reeve's spine.

12/23/2005 10:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares