Tuesday, November 29, 2005

In which I officially become critically acclaimed

Well, I'll be damned: I've been nominated for a Weblog Award under the category of Best Canadian Blog. Thanks, Guy Who Nominated Me.

Also, I did an ego-Google (sorry to have an ego), and found this at Ganesh and Gandhi:
Man Vs. Clown --- a funny guy who seems to work in an office. Nothing earth-shattering about this blog, just an intelligent, cynical take on the daily routine.
If blogs had book jackets, I could do worse than that for a back-cover blurb. (For example, my mom once told me I was "just like Hitler, but without the charisma.")

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Look at you and your big head. You think you're the only contributor to Man VOOSE clown?

11/29/2005 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

That reminds me, Scott: Someone (Matt? Ian?) mentioned to me that in the early days of this blog, he figured that the concept was that I was the man and you were the clown and the blog was some sort of study in contrast. I think he thought it through far more thoroughly than either of us ever bothered to.

11/29/2005 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

I'm the Internet's Foremost Dickolas Wang, and I support Man vs. Clown! for best Canadian blog.

11/30/2005 02:14:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

I totally voted for you for Internet's Foremost Dickolas Wang!

11/30/2005 02:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious internet wiener joking aside, congratulations.

11/30/2005 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Well, it remains to be seen whether I'll be a finalist. I highly doubt it, but we'll see tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I mentioned to my (oft-mentioned) friend Katherine that I was nominated for an award. Her response? "For what? Most irritating co-worker?"

Poor Peter.

11/30/2005 10:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

er, sorry, there seems to have been an error... I meant to nominate Warren Kinsella. Please carry on as if nothing had happened.

12/01/2005 07:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares