Wednesday, September 22, 2004

"Give him strength, Lord!"

From a Men's Fitness article about the Lord's Gym, "where faith and fitness go hand in hand":
Take the two heavily tattooed guys next to me, the ones spotting each other on the bench press. As one of them grunts under the bar, his partner shouts encouragement: "Give him strength, Lord, give him strength!" Upon finishing his last rep, the man drops the bar on the rack with a gasp. "Praise God!" he says.
I want to go to this place. It'd be a hilarious place to work out. It's just like bodybuilders to pray by loudly bossing God around -- not asking him for favors but telling him what to do. My only fear is that I'd burst out laughing at these guys and drop the bar on my neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares