Monday, January 12, 2004

Meltdown!

Dash it! I did something idiotically absentminded today: I left a pot of boiling water on the stove to make soup and then went off to play online poker with Scott. It was not until later, when I was on my way back from the laundromat, that I realized what I'd done, and why the kitchen had started to smell a little odd earlier. I rushed home to find I'd boiled the pot bone-dry and that the house reeked of old bacon. Why bacon? I have no idea. I don't normally boil it in a pot, so it can't be residue on the cookware. Maybe it's residue on the burner? I don't know.

Oh, and sometime today, BlogSpeak apparently went down, owing to a suspended account on the part of the guy who runs it. So, for those of you who e-mailed me wondering where the comment boxes went, that's what happened. I guess I'll wait for a while and see if the guy gets up and running again. Until then, you can just e-mail any feedback that you might have straight to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares