Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Ruddy Ruddy Redux

I opened the Pepcid Complete Ruddy Ruddy mail. But there was a good reason.

As soon as I got to work this morning, I taped the envelope up on the Wall of Ruddy Ruddy. Amazingly, one of my co-workers stopped by a short time after, noticed the new piece of mail immediately, and seemed quite pleased about. Shortly thereafter, I called another co-worker to tell her all about it, since I know she digs the whole Ruddy Ruddy thing. (Sometimes she even calls me Ruddy Ruddy.)

Later, she e-mailed me asking whether I had anything minty.

"As a matter of fact, I just went and bought some gum," I responded. "Minty gum."

She didn't think that would be strong enough, though, since she was trying to kill a Indian-food-induced case of heartburn. Why would mint cure it? I don't know, and it didn't matter.

"Well," I said, "I do have the Pepsid Complete Ruddy Ruddy mail...."

And so, I took the envelope off the wall, slit it open with an X-acto knife, took out the antacid tablet (which even turned out to be mint-flavored!), resealed the box inside the envelope with tape, then put it back on the Wall of Ruddy Ruddy. So I broke my vow to waste the free sample, but with mitigating factors. First, it was a medical emergency. Second, the co-worker is very nice, and good-looking to boot (had it been anyone else, I'd have just sent them to the breakroom fridge to find some baking soda and a plastic spoon). And third, I resealed a whole bunch of free coupons inside the envelope and I am wasting them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares