Thursday, August 21, 2003

Hey kids, smoking is cool! Let's geek it up a bit then, shall we?

Someone clearly wasn't using his computer to watch GI Joe Public Service Announcements, but instead for just the kind of purposes that Gung Ho and Snake-Eyes might have warned you against. (I just wanted to mention here that I just learned that the voice of Gung Ho and Cobra Commander from the G.I. Joe cartoon was also the original voice of Moe and Mr. Burns from The Simpsons. That's kind of weird.)

Anyway, I'm torn here. I'm not a smoker. It's a horrible, horrible habit. But on the other hand, I have to admire the ingenuity of this idea, though I question the wisdom of installing an actual fire inside a machine that already requires a fan to be installed to cool its piping-hot innards. I'd also be more impressed if it had some kind of software that allowed it to be activated by clicking on an icon or something, but this looks like it's just hardware. But if you chain-smoke and hate to get up from your computer, this is clearly the ideal device for you.

My favorite part? The makers suggest you could also use it with an adaptor to power a CD player. Or you could, you know, just put a disc in your CD-ROM drive and play it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares